What Happens During a Reiki Session?
During a Reiki session, the recipient lies fully clothed on a massage table or sits comfortably in a chair. The Reiki practitioner then places their hands in a series of positions on or near the body, starting at the head and working their way down to the feet.
The practitioner will typically hold each position for several minutes, allowing the energy to flow into the recipient’s body. During the session, the recipient may feel warmth or tingling in the areas where the practitioner’s hands are placed and may experience a sense of deep relaxation.
Reiki sessions are generally quiet and meditative, with soft music playing in the background. The recipient is encouraged to breathe deeply and let go of any tension or stress they may be feeling.
Reiki sessions typically last between 30 minutes to an hour, but the length can vary depending on the practitioner and the recipient’s needs. After the session, the recipient may feel a sense of calm and well-being, and they may continue to experience the effects of the Reiki energy for several days.
It’s All About the Energy
Reiki works through the concept of a universal life force energy that flows through all living things. This energy is present in the body in the form of chakras, or energy centers, which correspond to the body’s different physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects.
During a Reiki session, the practitioner acts as a channel for this energy, allowing it to flow into the recipient’s body.
Reiki energy works on multiple levels, including the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. It helps balance and harmonize the recipient’s energy system, promoting healing and relaxation.
As the Reiki energy flows into the recipient’s body, it releases any blockages or negative energy that may be present, promoting a sense of well-being and inner peace. The energy may also help to activate the body’s natural healing mechanisms, supporting the recipient’s overall health and well-being.
When the energy flow is disrupted or blocked, it leads to physical, emotional, and spiritual imbalances and illness. Reiki works by restoring energy flow and balancing the chakras, promoting healing and well-being.
Intention and visualization play an essential role in the healing process. Reiki practitioners often use symbols and mantras to focus their intention and direct energy flow to specific areas of the body.
How Do People Feel After a Reiki Session?
The way people feel after a Reiki session can vary widely depending on the individual and their specific needs. However, many people feel deeply relaxed and peaceful, with inner calm and clarity. Some common experiences reported after a Reiki session include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Many people report feeling a sense of relief from stress and anxiety after a Reiki session, with a greater sense of inner calm and relaxation.
- Improved sleep: Some people report improved sleep quality and greater ease of falling asleep after a Reiki session.
- Increased energy: Some people feel energized and alert after a Reiki session, with renewed vitality and focus.
- Pain relief: Some people report reduced pain and discomfort after a Reiki session, particularly in areas of the body where they may be experiencing tension or inflammation.
- Emotional release: Some people feel more emotionally grounded and balanced after a Reiki session, with greater clarity and self-awareness.
It’s important to note that these experiences are subjective and may vary from person to person.